Do you want a more discreet orthodontic treatment? You should consider clear braces. Clear braces are different than clear aligners (like Invisalign) and are made of brackets and wires just like traditional braces. The important difference, however, is that clear braces are made with ceramic brackets and transparent or tooth-colored wires. Aesthetically, this stands in big contrast to the flashy metal brackets and silver wires used on traditional braces.
Here are some of the leading reasons why patients of all ages prefer to use clear ceramic braces over metal braces to straighten their teeth:
- Ceramic clear braces are a discreet orthodontic treatment option. Not only are the wires transparent, but the ceramic brackets can be color-matched to blend in seamlessly with a patient’s teeth. Clear braces are an excellent solution when you don’t want to draw attention to your braces.
- Clear braces can lead to faster results compared to clear aligners. While every case is different, clear braces can straighten teeth in about 18 to 36 months, which is often faster than using removable clear aligner therapy.
- Ceramic braces can fix a wider range of orthodontic issues. They rely on the same effective methods as traditional braces, which means clear braces can offer more orthodontic correction than clear aligner systems.
- Clear braces can be customized to add style. Ceramic brackets can be made in any color and even converted into a fashion accessory if you choose.
- Ceramic braces do not contain metal and won’t disrupt the signals used for imaging tests.
Drawbacks to Consider
Every orthodontic treatment option comes with a list of pros and cons. Among the common drawbacks of choosing clear ceramic braces are a higher expense and less durability compared to traditional braces. These ceramic brackets are also larger in size, which can raise the risk of gum sensitivity and gum recession. It may also make it more difficult to keep your smile clean during treatment.
Are clear braces right for you or your child? Schedule an appointment with Georgia Orthodontics & Children’s Dentistry to find out. We offer a full menu of treatment options to fit the needs and desires of each patient.
Posted on behalf of
13075 Hwy 9, Suite 110
Milton, GA 30004
Phone: (770) 521-2100Mon – Thurs: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Fri: 7:30am – 5:00pm